The following scholarship and grant possibilities can be found to senior school and college students associated with music education and music performance. They have been supplied right here when it comes to ease of Tri-M Honor community and NAfME Collegiate people. To learn more about these scholarships, please go to the internet sites referenced. Understand of the scholarship or possibility that ought to be put into this list? Email email@example.com.
Click a category below to see the scholarships:
Scholarships for Senior School Juniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the Marine Band Concerto Competition for senior high school performers.
- The champion will appear as being a visitor soloist using the U.S. Marine Band and receive a money reward. Ready to accept highschool performers (grades 9–12) enrolled throughout the 2017–2018 year that is academic. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may use.
- Deadline: 15 november
This yearly springtime occasion provides pupils the opportunity to audition for a number of college/university music programs from around the world. It is possible to audition for as numerous regarding the participating schools while you like. You’ll additionally find out more about each one of the represented programs.
This scholarship offers money that is prize students whom write an essay of 250 terms or less for a music theme. The 20th essay that is annual will commence September 1, 2019.
- Chosen pupils win a $1,000 music and scholarship services and products with their college music system.
- Public and personal college pupils in grades 4–12 meet the criteria.
- Deadline: 31 december
The Davidson Fellowship is ready to accept pupils who are able to demonstrate noteworthy achievements through the development of a “significant good article” directed at improving the life of other people in many subject matter, including music. A “significant piece of content” in music could be a excellent performance and/or another demonstration of extraordinary success.
- Honors are issued within the level of $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000.
- Candidates needs to be underneath the chronilogical age of 18 to qualify for this award.
- Deadline: February 13
Every year, outstanding musicians that are young disabilities, many years 14-25, are acknowledged by the VSA International younger Soloists Competition. The Kennedy Center selects as much as four champions from around the whole world. Candidates can use as an instrumental or vocal soloist, or as ensembles. Your competition is ready to accept all genres. Chosen artists winnings a $2,500 award, expert development tasks, additionally the possibility to perform during the John F. Kennedy Center when it comes to Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
Any musician by having a impairment is entitled to apply as either a domestic applicant or an applicant that is international. Your competition is available to soloists in addition to ensembles as much as five members. For ensembles to qualify, one or more musician should have a impairment, and all sorts of users needs to be involving the ages of 14-25.
All genres of music are accepted, including yet not restricted to classical, jazz, hip-hop, rap, rock/alt stone, pop music, indie, bluegrass, people, nation, R&B/blues, Latin, and World
Deadline: March 29, 2019
Application information can be obtained regarding the VSA internet site.
These scholarships can be obtained to people in the Tri-M® musical Honor Society, system of NAfME. The scholarship system offers scholarship cash for summer time research programs to chapters that win certainly one of three recognitions during the nationwide degree in each unit: senior (highschool) and junior (middle college). Scholarship cash is awarded by the advisors associated with winning chapters to deserving pupils.
- Start and then people in the Tri-M musical Honor Society.
- Champions have actually the chance to win as much as $1,000 in scholarship funds for summer time music research.
- Deadline: Might 3
The Musical Theater Songwriting Challenge is a effort for the National Endowment for the creative Arts partnering aided by the United states Theatre Wing as well as in collaboration with Playbill, Inc. and Disney Theatrical Productions. The Songwriting Challenge is really a nationwide competition for senior high school pupils that have a passion for writing tracks that might be section of a musical movie theater manufacturing. This system provides six semi-finalists mentorship opportunities with expert songwriters and artists together with chance to have a initial track done by those artists.
The nationwide Champion is likely to be granted a scholarship of $25,000 and all sorts of six finalists could have their track published by Samuel French. The application form portal starts in and must be submitted by April 30 october. Six local semi-finalists will undoubtedly be established in February while the competition that is national the six local semi-finalists website here should be held in April in new york.
Southern California senior school pupils of all of the ability amounts ought to use free of charge. Even more than the usual competition, Spotlight is just a scholarship and arts training course, which empowers pupils by emphasizing preparation, courage, critical reasoning and perseverance while supplying an excellent chance for pupils to hone their abilities! $100,000 in money scholarships are granted each to students year. Individualized feedback, master classes with globally renowned musicians, performing arts workshops and much more!
- Deadline: 14 october
- Each category is restricted to 400 candidates
Community Service/Extracurricular Strategies Oriented-Scholarships
Will you be a school music student that is high? Would you like to learn how to travel? ensure you Get your music manager to nominate you for the FMA Solo Scholarship. In cooperation with FMA’s business users and sponsors nationwide, this system will fund scholarships to juniors or seniors in senior school who’ve been selected by their music manager.
The Tribute Award Scholarship Program is ready to accept senior high school juniors that have actually the very least 2.75 GPA and intend on going to a certified official certification, licensing or training curriculum or organization of advanced schooling. In addition, the prospect must demonstrate achievement in every regarding the four areas that are following unique talents, leadership, community solution, and hurdles overcome.
- Scholarships of $25,000 can be found.
- Due dates: The Sweepstakes starts on 2, 2019, at 12:00 a.m february. ET, finishes on January 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”), and is made from twelve (12) monthly entry durations.
Sponsored together with the nationwide Association of Secondary School Principals, these awards honor people that are young grades 5 through 12 that have volunteered within their communities. This award program could be the country’s largest volunteer recognition system for teenagers.
Students preparing travel that is educational but requiring economic help can use for a “Road” Scholarship offered by the SYTA Youth Foundation, Inc. (SYF). The SYF provides scholarships 3 x per year. Music directors, instructors, principals, and other youth leaders can submit nominations.
- Pupils 25 and under who will be playing pupil team travel are eligible.
- Honors as much as $1,000 can be found.
- Due Dates: March 15, 15 november
Scholarships for Twelfth Grade Seniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, in conjunction with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for senior high school artists.
- The champion will appear as being a visitor soloist using the U.S. aquatic Band and be given a cash reward. Ready to accept twelfth grade artists (grades 9–12) enrolled through the 2017–2018 educational 12 months. Performers of woodwind, brass, or percussion instruments may use.
- Deadline: November 15
The scholarship competition is ready to accept school that is high from Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana whom want to pursue levels in music (traditional, jazz, or other) at a certified four-year university having a music system acquiesced by the nationwide Association of Schools of musical, or a conservatory with a more popular nationwide profile like the Juilliard class, Curtis Institute of musical, or even the brand brand New England Conservatory.
- First prize is $20,000; 2nd reward is $12,500; and 3rd reward is $7,500.
- Included in the application procedure, pupils have to submit an audition movie. Semi-finalists is going to be invited to execute in a daylong party of music at Walk Festival Hall in Jackson Hole on Saturday, June 8, 2019, where they will certainly compete when it comes to scholarship award cash right in front of GTMF’s panel of distinguished judges and an audience that is live.
- Deadline: 1, 2019, 11:59 PM MDT april
This prize is fond of graduating twelfth grade seniors or first-year students who want to make music a main section of their future life.
- Candidates submit audition CDs or tapes; finalists compete in Clarinda, Iowa; and 3 instrumentalists and 3 vocalists are plumped for to do during the Glenn Miller Festival. Champions receive as much as $4,500.
- Deadline: March 1
This scholarship offers prize money to pupils who compose an essay of 250 terms or less for a music theme.
- Chosen pupils win a $1,000 music and scholarship items due to their college music system.
- Public and school that is private in grades 4–12 meet the criteria.
- Deadline: 31 december